The size of tiles need to be larger for uniqueness looking, attractive designing, for saving money and for easy cleaning purposes. It is also the trend of today.
Larger size tile:
The trend of today is to install large size tiles in rooms, hallways, event halls, offices, and kitchens. It gives them a unique look. They make them bigger in looking. The value of such things is increased by using them. They have many benefits. But at the same time, you also have to look after them. I mean, you have to maintain them at theproper time. Otherwise, due to weather effects and other effects, you will lose your precious money as well as your time.
Benefits of installation:
If you have a wish for looking your room, event room, hallway, lobby, kitchen in bigger size, then larger tiles must be the best option for this. Besides this, smaller tiles have reverse effects. Smaller tiles makethe small room smaller in looking. Other benefits of larger size tiles are given below.
- Luxurious look:larger tile makes the room luxurious in looking. Long rooms, hallways, event rooms ae the sign of wealth and luxury. By using long rectangular patterns in your small room, you can make it look bigger than its original size and it will also give a luxury look.
- Easy maintenance:smaller size limestone tiles have many grout lines as compared to larger size tiles. It takes a lot of time to clean them from their grout lines. Larger size tiles, being larger in size have less number of joints. To it also saves you precious money.
- Saves installation time:as they are larger in size, so it is easy to join them from one to another. It saves a lot of time of the vendor, and it is also easy to clean them.
- Spacious look: it makes the looking of the room more spacious than its original size.
Many different types of tilesare available in the market, apart from them, some are given below.
- Ceramic tiles
- Porcelain tiles
- Slate tiles
- Marble tiles
- Pebble tiles
- Stone tiles
- Wood look tiles.
Besides this, there are also many other tiles available in the market.
Installation challenges on larger size tiles:
You can face many challenges by installing a larger size tile to wall or floor.
- Heavyweight effect
- Gravity Challenge
- Moisture sensitivity
- Irregular surface of substrate
You must be 100 % sure that the substrate must be flat. Otherwise, the beauty of the tiles will be gone. Make sure that the wall or the floor on which you are installing the tile is perfectly flat and have no unwanted stones on it. You also have to check themoist condition of the substrate. If the substrate you are using is moisture, then the tiles will not be perfectly installed on it. The moisture between the tile and the wall/floor will be the main issue after installation. So, better to remove this error first. The cracks must also be properly filled that are between joints of tiles. After the first year of installation, cracks start to pour. You have to look after them for saving your precious time as well as your money.